The Basics to Drive a Manual Transmission Vehicle
I feel that every driver should at least know how to drive a stick shift car. The sense of control and power that comes with a manual is unrivaled. I hope this video can give you the idea of what it takes, and how, to drive a car with a manual, or standard transmission.
Car used in this video: 2000 BMW M5.
Tech Inform: http://bit.ly/9K482h
My Twitter: http://bit.ly/9oPOUO
Tech Inform Twitter: http://bit.ly/cL21fy
Live Show: when Announced: http://bit.ly/aUg7hZ
Daily Vlogs: http://bit.ly/m9pOml
Tech Inform YouTube: http://bit.ly/jeGIO0
Tech Inform FormSpring: http://www.tinyurl.com/fstechinformus
My FormSpring: http://www.tinyurl.com/fsryanknowstech
Driving a Manual- First Time!
This is a performance piece of my first time driving a manual car. I hadn't driven in quite some time before that because I lived downtown Portland OR for school and didn't require the need for a car.
Hope you enjoy my video project for Time Arts Video class at WSU.
WATCH ME!!! How To Drive Manual (stick shift) INTERACTIVE TUTORIAL
Interactive tutorial on how to drive stick shift for complete beginners.
Comprehensive coverage of concepts, demonstration and application.
GRAB YOUR SMARTPHONE, MANUAL CAR, AND START DRIVING!
Push starting may be more complicated, which is why I suggested jumper cables.
FYI: To push start a car:
1. Find a hill or find a friend/stranger to push the car
2. Put the key to the ON position
3. Push in and hold the clutch pedal while it is in gear (2nd gear might be smoother)
4. Gain momentum either by gravity or friend
5. Let go of the clutch, and the car will be running
The car is a 2000 Honda Civic Si.
I used the Canon 60d dslr w/ Tokina 12-24 f/4 lens.
Sorry for the mess. I was installing an alarm.
first time driving manual stick shift transmission
Learn how to drive manual: http://adf.ly/FUKHZ
buddy's first time driving manual transmission car, tried to teach as best I could but I am not good at teaching this!
lol he sucks... oh well practice makes perfect right
mazda 3 2010 white color
How to clutch a manual stick shift car
Anthony@DIYautotech revisiting the previous "how to drive a manual stick shift" video that is on my youtube page.
Basic shots of the clutch pedal movement, Cluster Gauges, and Shift patterns will be explored.
I hope this clears up ANY other questions, as I've gotten THOUSANDTHS of replies from my other videos.
To Downshift or Not To Downshift?
After getting the basics of driving a manual transmission car, people often find themselves asking, "Can I coast to a stop? When should I downshift? Should I foot brake or engine brake?"
My Answer: Never coast. Remain in gear without bogging your engine (a.k.a. downshift to the necessary gear when slowing) until you're under ~10 mph is generally a good policy. However, it's not necessary to downshift all the way to 2nd gear every single stop. Be safe and practical. Always rev-match.
How to drive stick manual basics
Anthony @ DIYautotech takes you through the basics of how to drive a Manual Transmission automobile (stick shift, standard transmission).
If you have any questions shoot me a comment!
Scion FR-S Test Drive & Driving Impressions
Experience the new Scion FR-S from the driver's seat.
I took a test drive the other day and filmed my impressions so my girlfriend could get a feel for the car. She just got her wisdom teeth taken out and wasn't in any shape to go on a test drive so I came to her rescue and made this video of the experience.
Shameless plug: If you're local, around SE Michigan, be sure to ask for Jamar Daniels at Victory Toyota of Canton, MI for information & availability on the Scion FR-S. Had a great experience with him, he was very helpful and generous with his time.
1. It has four wheels, which seemed very round when I inspected them.
2. Doors with which to enter and leave the car (you don't have to enter through the windows or the top or bottom of the vehicle)
3. While driving the car, there is a round knob (though not as round as the wheels) that controls the wind inside the car. The wind can be a mild breeze, or a vicious tsunami blowing from little holes in the front console. It can be cool or warm, and you can direct the wind. It makes you feel very powerful.
4. There is also another button that lets you listen to people talking and singing in the car, I believe Jamar called this a radio. This device only allows for listening, and is therefore a one-way conversation. I tried talking back to the people in the "radio" and they either couldn't hear me or didn't feel like responding. I imagine they have a lot of people trying to talk to them through the "radio." If you don't have a lot of friends and want someone who never stops talking, this radio device is probably a good thing for you to order.
5. The cloth seats have a red stripe on them. I assume that this is probably from the animal's skin that was used to make them. The red stripe tells me that the animal was fierce and vicious, trying to warn its predators of it's danger with a warning color, much like bees and the yellow jackets they wear. However, it mustn't have been a match for the Scion hunters, as I hear many FR-S's are filled with seats made from this red-striped animal.
In short, the FR-S makes me feel like an ancient hunting warrior that can control wind, talk to spirits, and chase down fast dangerous animals.
Enjoy the video, I hope you find it helpful in your quest of filling the empty void in your heart with a lightweight rear wheel drive sports coupe.
2013 Subaru BRZ Limited In Depth Tour, Engine Sound, Exterior and Interior
Many of you wanted an in depth tour of my BRZ so here is a very detailed look at the car. Some specs that I didn't mention in the video that you might be interested in:
0-60: 6.4 seconds
1/4 Mile Time: 14.9 sec @ 95.5 mph.
MPG: 22 city/30 highway for the manual, 25 city/34 highway for the automatic due to taller gear ratios.
Requires 91 octane fuel, 93 recommended.
Curb Weight: 2,750 lbs
"Like" Subaruwrxfan on Facebook for more updates! http://facebook.com/subaruwrxfan