MAKE SURE ANNOTATIONS ARE ON.
This is a DIY of me seafoaming my Rx8. This is being done on my 2004 with 98k miles. This is the second time I've cleaned my 8, the first being at 70k. I hope this is helpful! All the instructions are on the annotations. To make sure everyone's clear, you inject each port twice in order to relieve some of the strain from the starter. Should be roughly 4 oz per port, 8 oz total. You can pour the rest in the tank to help clean up your fuel injectors.
De-flooding barb's RX-8
Generally following mazda's deflooding procedure
To start, make sure your battery is damn strong. Mine died during the procedure so I jumped the rx8 from the FD to get power. If your battery is weak and it's not cranking strong, it'll never deflood.
1) pull all 4 spark plugs, use an air compressor to dry them off and put them aside
2) pull the crank angle sensor plug (this disables fuel injection and spark)
3) pull air pump plug
4) crank for 8 seconds, wait for starter to cool down, crank and repeat until no more fuel is spraying out of the spark plug holes (and maybe a few more times to make sure, doing this 8 times is not too many)
5) replace spark plugs
6) squirt 10mL of engine oil into each rotor through the vacuum nipples on the UIM (I had vacuum hoses already connected to these from the last time I flooded the car. Used a syringe, squirted the oil into the hose, then blew into the hose with my mouth to get it into the housing). replug the vacuum lines
7) plug in crank angle sensor
8) attempt to start the car
if the car starts up for a bit but then dies, do NOT try to start it again, it just flooded itself again and you have to repeat from step 1. Trying to start it a second time just puts more fuel into the chambers which means it'll take you more tries on step 4 to get it out.
What helped in the end: after the car initially started, use the throttle to raise the RPM's to 5-6k and keep it there by blipping the throttle until most of the fuel is burn out, then slowly back it off until the engine can idle itself. I had a initial start a few times but the car would rev up and then flood itself again, wasn't until I raised the RPM's that the engine stayed running.
DIY: how to unflood an rx8
I trying to un-flood my rx8 that was sitting for six months without turning on also burned my old junk 04 started that i never updated until that day i bought a used 07 one and it didn't only fit perfectly but it was the updated one so it worked out fine it just took me a long time to unflood it.
made with ezvid http://ezvid.com
Sea foam engine cleaner in a Subaru WRX
A friend of mine asked me to tape him putting Sea Foam engine cleaner in his 2004 Subaru WRX. I had to laugh because a neighbour walked over to ask if he blew his turbo! Lot's of smoke that's for sure!
Mazda RX8 - Stop / Start procedure guide
Nick from Trinity Motors guides you through the best way to stop and start your Mazda RX8. The rotary engine does require extra care and this guide will show you how to get the best out of this high performance engine.
1650 HP RX7, "The Sleeper Part 2", Scary and Funny, from NRE.
Nelson Racing Engines 1650 HP RX7 road video of this crazy sleeper. Awesome power in this tiny car. This car is really scarry and very fast. Some very funny video. I laughed a lot. More information and downloadable videos for your IPOD and PS3 can be found at at http://nelsonracingengines.com. and http://nelsonsupercars.com.