"How To" polish aluminum by hand (part 1)
Umm... in this video I show you uhhh... how to uhh... hand polish aluminum lol. This is part 1 of 2. The entire process took roughly 4 and a half hours and I watched movies for most of them. Forgive the speech impediment lol.
stretch on a rim
Stretching 245/50/14's on J14 x J12 -44 SSR MKI
(I finally added this info because people wine about how dangerous it looks)
Stretching tires started way before my time some where before or during the 70's so it's been happening for quite a while now. German cars are very popular with the stretched tire look. I believe they do this so they can pass RWC and still be legal with the tread pattern within the frame work of the vehicle whilst achieving wider wheels.
I also believe the "500km Suzuka race" race cars used stretched tires but not as extreme as the one posted because a low profile tire didn't exist in that era.
It has evolved form racing to fashion trends to being able to afford tires mounted to a wider rim.
Without the introduction of stretched tires, we would probably be still running 70's profile. Thanks to the advances in technology a low profile tire has been developed. Stiffer side walls, tread pattern design and tire material characteristics have been addressed (I'm sure there's more) to accommodate each drives needs.
- ability to afford smaller tire sizes
- ability to keep tread pattern within body work of car
- ability to fit tire and rim combination without body work
- eliminate or reduce tire side wall flex
- solid tire to road contact
- 'aids' in the decrease of body roll, the cushion effect is eliminated or reduced due to solid side walls.
- tire is not designed for the amount of flex (but it holds)
- defeats the purpose of rim protectors on the tire
- illegal in (most) countries to use on public roads
- slight increase in tire wear
- decrease in ride comfort, side walls don't provide the "cushion" effect
That's all I can think of for now but I'm sure there are more for both categories.
So stop hating! and if you don't like the music, turn it off/down.