a few days after everything was finished (old 383 Stroker with stock iron heads)the engine blew up with a broken piston.I will post a video about that later. Luckily the Engine-Block didn't suffer any damage and after disassembly of the whole motor it was the perfect 4-Bolt base for a real 500+ HP 383 Stroker. This time I wanted serious horsepower!
So here we go, over 4.700$ in parts later...assembly is finished and right now the motor waits for going back into the Truck. Still a lot of other stuff to do at the Truck, but I think the Motor will be in the Truck running, in about 4-5 Weeks.
The Parts used in the Rebuild 383 Stroker
- Airflow Research 195cc SBC Eliminator Street Heads
- COMP Cams Xtreme Energy Cam and Lifter Kits
- 1.6 Harland Sharp Roller Rockers
- SCAT Cast Crankshafts
- 6.0 in. SCAT Pro Stock I-Beam Connecting Rods
- Keith Black B122-040 Performance Pistons
- Mahle Piston Rings
- Trick Flow Chromemoly Pushrods
- Hooker Headers 2806HKR - Hooker Super Competition Headers
- ARP Head and Main Cap Bolts
- TCI SFI Approved Flexplate
- Professional Products 6.750 in. Harmonic Damper
- Proform Billet Aluminum Timing Tab with Self-Powered LED Light
- Peter Jackson noisy Gear Drive
- Edelbrock Aluminium Timing Cover
- Edelbrock Air Gap Performer RPM Intake
- Edelbrock 750 Performer Carb
- Fel-Pro Gaskets all arround
- Milodon Freeze Plugs
- MSD Digital E-Curve Distributor
- MSD Blaster 2 Coil
- MSD Super Conductor Wires
- K&N 5" Air Filter
- Proform Engine Dress-Up KIit
- Dual 14" Perma Cool Fans
- Mallory Fuel pressure regulator for return line system
- new Battery
- new 110 Amp Alternator
Still to come:
- True Dual 2,5" Flowmaster 50 Deltaflow Exhaust and 2 electric cutouts
- Driveshaft Safety Loop
- Rear Axle 4.10 Ring and Pinion with my powertrax locker
Many thanks to all the support and the nice guys that helped me to build
this beautiful Motor!!!Thanks guys you're great!!!:)
That's it for now...stay tuned!
S-10 Ride Along 383 Stroker
1988 S-10 Ext Cab, 383 Stroker, Scat Crank, I Beam Rods, K-B Flat Top Pistons, 10.9:1 Compression
, Demon 750 DP Race Mech Carb, Holly Blue Elec Fuel Pump, Edelbrock RPM/Air Gap Intake, Edelbrock Performer RPM "6089" Ported and Polished Heads, Weiand High Volume Water Pump, Be-Cool Alum Radiator W/ TCI Trans Oil Cooler, Flex Fan, TCI Street Fighter Transmission W/ Shift Kit, B-M Quick Silver Shifter, B-M Holeshot 3000 Stall Converter, Line Lock, Ford 9" Rear W/ Eaton Posi Differential, Moser Axles, 3:70 Gears, MSD Ignition And Plug Wires, Crane Roller Cam "HR-296-2S-12-IG" "Adv- Duration - Intake 296 - Exhaust 304", Crane Roller Rockers 1.5, Double Valve Springs, Pete Jackson Timing Gear Drive, Hedman Full Length Hedders, Milodon Street Strip Oil Pan "7-Qts", M/T Front-"Sportsman 8 Ply "26x7.5-15", Rear-ET Street Radials "P275/60R-15", Weld Wheels, Jegs Ladder Bars, Holds 7 Qts Valvoline VR1 20-50 Engine Oil, K-N 3002 Oil Filter, NGK BKR6E-11 Spark Plugs, Use 93 Pump Gas "No Nitrous Ever", Most Parts Are Made In The USA ! "The NGK Sparkplugs Are Not From USA, But I Tried", Have A Great Day !!!
NRE University: Cylinder Head Secrets, Part 2 of 2.
Join Tom Nelson as he visits West Coast Cylinder Heads to film typical NRE cylinder head modification. Good stuff for gearheads. Hundreds of videos at http://nelsonracingengines.com. This is part 2 of 2 parts.
Comp Cams - How it's Made
Competition Cams, one of the industry leaders in performance engine equipment, walks PowerTV through the complex process of designing, creating and manufacturing its high performance cam shafts.
Engine rebuild part 1
We are rebuilding a GM 350 5.7 engine. Now in this particular case we are also going to upgrade the engine to a 383 6.0 This is called building a "stroker" motor. In other words we are increasing the "stroke" of the engine which increased the torq & horsepower.
If you are able & wanting to rebuild an engine, this video should give you a good overview of what to do. If you are having someone else build an engine for you, you will be able to see what's involved in the process
500+hp 383 Stroker Turn key Chevy Crate Engine
Family owned and operated for over 40 years with over 75,000 satisfied customers. Rated #1 Click on blue link http://www.enginefactory.com/letters.htm
Here is a 500hp 383 stroker Turn Key crate engine. Powered by the EngineFactory.com. Home of the most complete Live Run Turn Key Crate Engine. Chevy and Ford Performance Engines. Building Muscle Car Engines Since 1969