How to take replace Motor Mount - Part 2
This is a brief picture of how to take apart the "Motor Mount" of a 2004 Ford Focus. We get into more detail, breaking it down to a normal level , from what the "Dealer Mechanic" will tell you!!!. My friend Hector is the mechanic for this video.
- In all it took about 45mins total, and is on a "Easy/Medium" work skill level.
- In order to do this Job , make sure you have the proper tools , and jacks for this procedure.
2002 Ford Focus Bad Motor Mount
Given this shaking, i'm led to believe my passenger side motor mount is bad. Thoughts?
Update: It was the motor mount! Replaced it with an OEM unit from Tousely Ford and all my problems were solved!
Ford Focus Motor Mount Failure
I go between Neutral, Drive, back to Neutral (give it a quick rev), and then the crap storm begins when it gets put in reverse.
New motor mounts ahoy.
2002 Ford Focus Clutch Replacement Video (Part 2) - EricTheCarGuy
Here is a link to the full video http://www.ericthecarguy.com/vmanuals/22-vmanual-store/71-2002-ford-focus-clutch-replacement-vmanual
Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvuIFAWeFSQ
Well here is the second installment in the Focus clutch replacement video and we get a little farther in the process so sit back and enjoy watching me get dirty.
Click below and Stay Dirty
Visit me at EricTheCarGuy.com
Visit EricTheCarGuy Forum
Visit my Facebook Page:
Due to factors beyond the control of EricTheCarGuy, it cannot guarantee against unauthorized modifications of this information, or improper use of this information. EricTheCarGuy assumes no liability for property damage or injury incurred as a result of any of the information contained in this video. EricTheCarGuy recommends safe practices when working with power tools, automotive lifts, lifting tools, jack stands, electrical equipment, blunt instruments, chemicals, lubricants, or any other tools or equipment seen or implied in this video. Due to factors beyond the control of EricTheCarGuy, no information contained in this video shall create any express or implied warranty or guarantee of any particular result. Any injury, damage or loss that may result from improper use of these tools, equipment, or the information contained in this video is the sole responsibility of the user and not EricTheCarGuy.
Valvoline EGR Cleaner
Valvoline EGR + turbo Cleaner is a blend of selected solvents, carefully formulated to remove deposits on EGR valve and turbo systems. It quickly removes gum, varnish,carbon and dirt.
* Cleans EGR valves and turbo chargers
* Leaves no residue
* Restores engine performance
For more information see: http://www.valvolineeurope.com/english/products/cleaning/cid(580)/egr__67__turbo_cleaner
Focus Front Brake Pad Replacement Part 1
1. I am not an auto mechanic and therefore cannot guarantee that everything I did was proper procedure.
2. This video only shows how to replace the pads. A complete brake job might include a brake fluid flush as well.
3. In engineering (my area of study), ft-lbf (foot pounds force) is a measure of energy and work. lbf-ft (pound foot) is a measure of torque.
4. I created this video as a guide to show how it's done. It is not a substitute for the shop manual. The only thing I can guarantee is that it is not 100% the proper service procedure. Please follow this video at your own risk.
5. It may (or it may not) be harmful to push brake fluid back into the master reservoir on a car with ABS. I'm not familiar with the internals of the ABS modulator, pump, or really anything to do with the system. An alternative method would be to clamp off the brake hose soft line near the caliper and open the bleeder valve to let fluid out. Follow proper procedures so you don't let air back into the system. Again, follow my steps at your own risk. I don't want to scare you, I just want to be very clear about my concerns.
6. I understand that by posting this, I can expect that people may follow my procedure. I understand that I have an obligation to provide the most accurate information possible. If you find a flaw in ANYTHING that I said, don't hesitate to call me on it. I will add an annotation or take the video down if need be. The brakes are undoubtedly the one thing that you don't want to fail on a car, and I wouldn't want to be responsible for that failure.
How to Change the DPFE Sensor on a 2001 Ford Focus
Changing the DPFE Sensor (Delta/Differential Pressure Feedback EGR Sensor) Most shops in Dallas will charge $280 for parts and labor, but the Ford Factory part is $61 and can be changed in less than 5 minutes without any tools. Some DPF Sensors are a different shape and location, even though you may have a 2001 Focus with the same specs. The other type is $61 from Autozone.
Replacing The Transmission mount on a 05-07 Ford Focus
North American 2007 2.0l Ford Focus ZX3 SES w/ Automatic transmission.
I am replacing the transmission mount (left side mount) on my car.
I am not a mechanic, and have absolutely no automotive training - I am doing it at my own risk.
I have replaced my passenger side motor mount about a year ago after having astrong vibration in the cabin. The problem was solved, but the vibration had returned now, so I've decided to replace all three of my motor mounts.
The replacement mount was bought on ebay for about 11$, free shipping.
The most important part of this job, IMHO, is lifting the engine safely, not causing any damage to the bottom of the oil pan or transmission box. I have used a floor jack with a 1" piece of wood on it, to lift the engine , relieving the pressure off of the mount.
Ford focus- how to change pollen and air filters
how to change pollen and air filters
Explicatii: se opresc stergatoarele in timpul cursei ca sa ramana la jumatatea parbrizului, un capacel negru de plastic ce se afla la jumatatea grilei (aia neagra) ascunde un holdsurub, se desface apoi se trage usor de grila si iese (e prinsa doar in niste chestii albe de plastic). Trageti cu incredere in sus si grila se desprinde. Se vede in film cum anume se scot si se inlocuiesc filtrele... Daca aveti alte intrebari va rog, comentati...
2000 ford focus 2.0 DOHC - Engine Randomly dies - FIX?
Got a 2000 Ford Focus 2.0 DOHC.
Since the day i got it, 2 years ago at 92k miles to 162k miles it would randomly die as if it were out of gas.
After replacing, air filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, wires, battery, PCV valve, even replaced airintake unit with a SRI, it still would randomly die.
Found out i had an expired extended warrenty on my fuel pump.
When going to replace the pump i saw the little sock filters going into the fuel pump housing, and the sock going into the fuel pump had 85% of them covered in SKUM.
Cleaned them up an so far so good...
Look at my myspace link to see pictures of them...
(pictures of my cars in this album, just scroll to the bottem to see it..)
2002 Ford Focus Problem!
2002 Focus SOHC, Has a blown headgasket and the oil is milky, but does that sound like a rod knock too?