Heavy tyre explosions - equivalent to being hit by a truck
This video footage was captured by ATS Euromaster to show the catastrophic effects of inflating a truck tyre which has previously suffered run-flat damage. It forms part of an internal training DVD being used to reinforce the safe methods of operation which must be followed with all truck, earthmover and agricultural tyres. The footage also serves as a timely reminder of why tyres should be serviced by professional tyre technicians. http://www.atseuromaster.co.uk/
Michelin Challenge Design Overview
Discussion of the Michelin Challenge Design program by design representatives from BMW, Volvo, Renault, Nissan, Honda, Hyundai, GezaLoczi Design, Art Center College of Design and Michelin.
Presenting The MICHELIN DEFENDER
- Fits virtually every standard passenger car on the road today
- Outlasts its closest competitor by 21,000 miles*
- Stops 31 feet shorter than a leading competitor**
- Provides all-season performance
- Saves up to $250 in fuel @ 3.50/gallon over the life of the tires***
IntelliSipe Technology™ combines 3D Active Sipes and Variable
- Thickness sipes for increased safety
- Available in April 2012
* Based on third party wear test results versus Continental Pro Contact ECO Plus+ size 215/60R1
**Based on internal wet braking test results versus Goodyear Assurance ComforTred Touring tires size 185/65R15
***Based on fuel @ $3.50/gallon and upon fuel efficiency estimates from rolling resistance testing versus the Yokohama® Avid TRZ™ 215/60R16 over the warranted 90,000-mile tread life of the MICHELIN Defender. Actual on-road savings may vary.
Ford Detroit Auto Show Exhibit Preview
An advanced look at the Ford exhibit at the 2012 North American International Auto Show .
TheAutoChannel.com presents exclusive PRESS PASS COVERAGE of the entire show.